After hosting the successful 5th Annual PITCH 2012 in the Silicon Valley, Women 2.0 is excited to launch the inaugural PITCH NYC Conference & Competition 2012 (PITCH NYC 2012).
Open to early-stage high-growth ventures around the world, PITCH NYC 2012 invites companies with at least one female in the founding team to apply. Applying companies must be in beta stage and have received less than a million in funding. We’re looking for the most disruptive web/mobile ventures, connected device companies, etc. Prizes include $25,000 cash, investor meetings, startup services and more!
HANG TIGHT! Our judges will be reviewing applications and finalists notified by October 1, 2012.
International applicants are welcome to apply. The only requirement is that they must be present to pitch in NYC at the November 2012 conference if they are selected as finalists. A technical co-founder is required, but certain exceptions will be made. Please contact us if you have questions about eligibility.
How To Enter PITCH NYC 2012 Startup Competition
|1.) Fill out the PITCH NYC 2012 application online.
You may continue updating your online application up to the closing date of August 31, 2012.
|2.) Mail in your napkin business plan.
Scribble and doodle your business idea on a paper napkin, and send it in.
|3.) Film a quick 2-minute video pitch.
This isn’t a business pitch to the investor, but a marketing pitch to your consumer.
|4.) Submit everything by August 31, 2012.
Submit your application online w/ 2-minute video pitch by MIDNIGHT (EST) August 31, 2012.
|5.) Hang tight! Judges will review your application.
The judging panel will review submissions, and finalists notified by October 1, 2012.
|6.) Join us in New York in November 2012!
The finalists pitch live at PITCH NYC Conference & Competition in November 2012.
Live PITCH Judges for November 14
- Charlie O’Donnell, Brooklyn Bridge Ventures
- David Tisch, BoxGroup
- Jalak Jobanputra, RTP Ventures
- Joy Marcus, DFJ Gotham
Round 1 Judges
- Anna Khan, Bessemer Venture Partners
- Arif Janmohamed, Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Beth Ferreira, Fab
- Brendan Baker, Greylock Partners
- Charlie O’Donnell, Brooklyn Bridge Ventures
- Chris Paik, Thrive Capital
- Christiaan Vorkink, True Ventures
- Cindy Padnos, Illuminate Ventures
- Dan Levine, Accel Partners
- David Weekly, Mexican.VC
- Deborah Jackson, JumpThru & Women Innovate Mobile
- Jacob Mullins, Shasta Ventures
- Jay Jamison, BlueRun Ventures
- Jonathan Teo, General Catalyst Partners
- Karan Mehandru, Trinity Ventures
- Kathleen Utecht, Comcast Ventures
- Kelly Hoey, Women Innovate Mobile
- Laurel Touby, Mediabistro
- Libby Brittain, Hearst Ventures
- Nikhil Kalghatgi, SoftBank Capital
- Rahul Gandhi, High Peaks Venture Partners
- Renee DiResta, O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures
- Sara Lannin, Accel Partners
- Scott Hartley, Mohr Davidow Ventures
- Shai Goldman, Silicon Valley Bank
- Steve Schlafman, Lerer Ventures
- Taylor Davidson, kbs+ Ventures
- Tom Loverro, RRE Ventures
- Warren Lee, Canaan Partners
- Will Peng, Raptor Ventures
Start Your Application For PITCH NYC Today!
How to apply to the PITCH NYC 2012 — there are 3 parts:
- Fill out the one-page application for PITCH NYC here – Once you start an application, you may edit your application anytime prior to the closing date of August 31, 2012 @ MIDNIGHT (EST). Application fee is $50 per startup.
- Mail in your business model scribbled on a paper napkin – Capture your creativity on the paper napkin with your doodles and drawings. Submit your business idea on a paper napkin no larger than 7×7 inches. Your name and contact info must be on the napkin so we can match it with your online application.Mail this napkin to “Women 2.0 c/o PITCH NYC Director, 625 2nd Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94107”. Email a picture of it to email@example.com if the napkin won’t arrive to San Francisco by August 31, 2012. Napkins will be exhibited to the public at the PITCH NYC 2012. By default, your napkin will be exhibited. If you do not wish to participate in the exhibition, state clearly on a note and attach it on the napkin.
- Film a 2-minute video pitch – Think of this as a traditional television commercial, and the audience/viewers are your “perfect” customers. How will you pitch your product to them? The video should be uploaded along with your business plan application in. Uploading video takes time and bandwidth, we suggest you do not wait until the deadline to submit your video pitch. Gust will allow you to upload a video of up to 5 minutes long and 4MB in size, but we strongly suggest you keep your video to 2 minutes — you should be able to distill your message into a 2 minute video for uploading. Due to the file size limit, upload a compressed mp4 version of your video.
Finalists will be invited to present at the PITCH NYC 2012 in New York in November 2012. If you are selected as a finalist, the entire team must present at the conference.
- The founding team must have at least one female.
- The founding team must have a technologist* on the founding team. A technologist is an engineer, scientist, mathematician, biologist, etc.
- Your venture must be in private beta or live. This means you should have a prototype (alpha or beta version) or the product is already in the market.
- Raised less than $1M USD in funding.
- PITCH is focused on companies with high-growth potential.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Win or lose, applying teams finish PITCH NYC significantly more prepared to launch their business in the real world. Best of luck to all applicants!