The powerful formula of technology and entrepreneurship is the foundation for sustained growth, competitiveness and job creation – the New Entrepreneur Economy. With lower barriers to entry, new entrants are disrupting incumbent business models in nearly every industry including telecommunications, media and advertising, software and hardware, e-commerce, automotive, gaming and entertainment.
Meet 800+ men and women in tech discussing the “New Entrepreneur Economy” at the global conference and competition this November 14, 2012 in New York at PITCH NYC. PITCH NYC Conference and Competition will look deeply at this New Entrepreneur Economy:
- What are the trending innovations at the cusp of mainstream disruption?
- Who are the founders leading change in this new economy?
- What are the new challenges and opportunities in today’s global economic environment?
- How does the entrepreneur navigate the new waters of the Entrepreneur Economy?
PITCH NYC Conference & Competition will be:
- A collaborative forum for aspiring entrepreneurs to be empowered as self-sustaining founders.
- A place for burgeoning ideas to share their concepts at the Startup Competition.
- A platform for successful innovators in technology to share success stories and best practices.
PITCH NYC is a full day of speakers and panels sharing case studies, best practices and stories of successful business disruption in today’s new entrepreneur economy. The startup competition will allow attendees to watch live pitches and questioning from the judges – learn from both sides of the table in the audience at PITCH NYC, and vote for your favorite startup to win People’s Choice!
PITCH NYC CONFERENCE & COMPETITION 2012
- CONFERENCE. The PITCH NYC 2012 Conference will feature a full day of top speakers who have started and successfully lead companies in the high-tech or high-growth space, including industries like health, fashion, entertainment, sports and more.
- COMPETITION. The finalists from PITCH NYC 2012 Startup Competition will pitch onstage live in front of the audience and live judging panel for prizes including $25,000 cash and investor meetings. PITCH NYC 2012 startup competition finalists were selected and announced October 1, 2012.
- STARTUP ALLEY & FASHION 2.0 ALLEY. Check out the Startup Alley with a dozen demo tables hosted by up-and-coming startups and fashion designers!
AGENDA FOR PITCH NYC CONFERENCE & COMPETITION (NOVEMBER 14, 2012)
Check out the updated agenda, #w2pitch tweets and more – on your smartphone with Yapp!
SPEAKERS AT PITCH NYC 2012
- Alice Brooks (Co-Founder, Roominate)
- Amanda Steinberg (Founder & CEO, DailyWorth)
- Cheryl Swirnow (Co-Founder & COO, Sherpaa)
- C.J. Kettler (Founder & CEO, Genius Crowds)
- David Weekly (CEO, Oha.na)
- Debbie Sterling (Founder & CEO, GoldieBlox)
- Geraldine Laybourne (Founder, Oxygen Media)
- Limor Fried (Founder & CEO, Adafruit Industries)
- Liz Ormesher Salcedo (Founder & CEO, Everpurse)
- Lora Kolodny (Writer, Wall Street Journal)
- Manoush Zomorodi (Host, New Tech City)
- Michelle You (Co-Founder & CPO, Songkick)
- Sandy Jen (Co-Founder & CTO, Meebo)
- Sandy Lerner (Co-Founder, Cisco & Urban Decay)
- Sarah Personette (Director of Global Agency Relations, Facebook)
- Seema Mody (Reporter, CNBC)
- Vanessa Stewart (Co-Founder & COO, Soltage)
- More speakers to be announced!
JUDGES AT PITCH NYC 2012
- Alexis Ohanian (Ambassador to the East, Y Combinator)
- Brad Svrluga (Co-Founder & General Partner, High Peaks Venture Partners)
- Charlie O’Donnell (Partner, Brooklyn Bridge Ventures)
- Jalak Jobanputra (Managing Partner, FuturePerfect Ventures)
- James Robinson (Managing Partner, RRE Ventures)
- Joy Marcus (Venture Partner, DFJ Gotham)
- Laurel Touby (Founder, Mediabistro)
- Nikhil Kalghatgi (Venture Capitalist, SoftBank Capital)
After you register for the conference, we will follow up via email with a link to sign up for lunchtime mentoring. Seats are limited.
- Adam Quinton (Managing Director, Golden Seeds)
- Amy Vernon (General Manager, Social Marketing, Internet Media Labs)
- Anna Khan (Investor, Bessemer Venture Partners)
- Annie Kadavy (Venture Investor, Charles River Ventures)
- Anneke Jong (VP Business Development, Bread)
- Brian Dixon (Associate, Kapor Capital)
- CJ Kettler (Partner, Propeller Partners)
- Daphne Kis (Managing Director, Golden Seeds)
- David Weekly (CEO, Oha.na)
- Deborah Jackson (Founder & CEO, Plum Alley)
- Elena Haliczer (Director of Product, Huffington Post)
- Frank Harris (Group Product Manager, Etsy)
- Hana Chang (Emerging Business Lead, Google)
- Jeanne Sullivan (General Partner, StarVest Partners)
- Jen van der Meer (Advisor, Luminary Labs)
- Jeremy Horn (Senior Director, Viacom)
- Kelly Hoey (Founder & Managing Director, Women Innovate Mobile)
- Laurel Touby (Founder, Mediabistro)
- Lizzy Klein (VP Product, Seamless)
- Mark Davis (CEO, Kohort)
- Niamh Bushnell (CEO, MarketSprint)
- Nihal Mehta (General Partner, Eniac Ventures)
- Rahul Gandhi (Principal, High Peaks Venture Partners)
- Shane Lennon (CMO, VirtualCMO)
- Sloane Davidson (SVP Digital Marketing, Lippe Taylor)
- Steven Schlafman (Principal, Lerer Ventures)
- Suzanne Xie (CEO, Hullabalu)
- Taylor Davidson (Senior Associate, kbs+ Ventures)
- Veronika Sonsev (CEO, inSparq)
- Vivek Sharma (CEO, Movable Ink)
LUNCHTIME STARTUP ECOSYSTEM INTRODUCTIONS
- Anna Curran (Organizer, NY Startup Weekend)
- Janet Hanson (Founder & CEO, 85 Broads)
- Jessica Lawrence (Managing Director, NY Tech Meetup)
- Katie Gage (Manager of Programming, Springboard Enterprises)
- Kristen Titus (Executive Director, Girls Who Code)
- Loretta McCarthy (Managing Director, Golden Seeds)
- Natalia Oberti Noguera (Founder & CEO, Pipeline Felllowship)
- Sara Chipps (Founder, Girl Develop It)
Don’t miss PITCH NYC 2012 Conference and Competition! PITCH 2012 in California earlier this year had over 1000 attendees participating in a full day of learning, mentoring, connecting and inspiring stories of product innovation leadership. They share their startup lessons learned here and here.
SPONSORSHIP / EXHIBIT HALL / STARTUP ALLEY
BOOTSTRAPPING & STUDENT DISCOUNT
We have a very limited number of deeply discounted tickets – you can apply for one of these deeply discounted tickets here.
*If you are a student, please put “STUDENT” in the fields which are non-applicable to you.
Women 2.0 will donate a portion of proceeds to Red Cross to assist with recovery from Sandy.
CONFERENCE VENUE / LOCATION
Manhattan Center (Midtown West)
311 West 34th Street
Manhattan, New York City, NY
Thanks to Kauffman Foundation for supporting Women 2.0.