By Lynn Jurich (Co-Founder & President, SunRun)
As the co-founder of a fast-growing company -– home solar company SunRun –- I often look for ways to impart helpful knowledge and advice to aspiring entrepreneurs.
In particular, I welcome the opportunity to mentor other females because successful women entrepreneurs are still less common in the business world.
This week I joined the founding board of an organization designed to support entrepreneurship, and I’m excited to share information about this organization -– the Startup America Partnership -– with Women 2.0.
The mission of the Startup America Partnership, an organization aligned with Obama’s Startup America Initiative, is to help entrepreneurs start and scale their companies to accelerate job growth in the U.S.
I have vivid memories of what it’s like to be in the early stages of starting a company, and I’m honored to serve on the board of an organization that exists to help other entrepreneurs succeed.
The White House blog gives an excellent overview of the board members and their experience: “The board includes Fred Smith, who came up with the idea for FedEx in a college economics class and Earvin “Magic” Johnson, who has built up Magic Johnson Enterprises and the Magic Johnson Foundation since retiring from the NBA.”
Here is the full current list of board members:
- Tory Burch (CEO & CCO, Tory Burch LLC)
- Scott Case (CEO, Startup America Partnership)
- Steve Case (Chairman, Startup America Partnership)
- Pamela Contag (CEO, Cygnet Biofuels)
- Michael Dell (Chairman & CEO, Dell)
- Raul Fernandez (Chairman, ObjectVideo)
- Reed Hastings (Chairman, President, & CEO, Netflix)
- Reid Hoffman (Executive Chairman & Co-Founder, LinkedIn)
- Magic Johnson (Founder & CEO, Magic Johnson Enterprises)
- Lynn Jurich (President & Co-Founder, SunRun)
- Kevin Plank (Chairman, President, & CEO, Under Armour)
- Carl Schramm (CEO, Kauffman Foundation)
- Fred Smith (Chairman, President, & CEO, FedEx)
- Nina Vaca (CEO, Pinnacle Technical Resources)
The Startup America Partnership brings together an exceptional cast of business leaders to deliver useful resources and advice to entrepreneurs, and I look forward to helping support women blazing trails across industries.
Editor’s note: Got a question for our guest blogger? Leave a message in the comments below.
About the guest blogger: Lynn Jurich is Co-Founder and President of SunRun. She has a passion for creating simple solutions to difficult problems. She recognized that more people would switch to solar if it didn’t involve high costs and complexity and co-founded SunRun to make simple and affordable solar a reality. SunRun makes smart financial decisions and smart environmental decisions one and the same so people don’t have to choose between their pocketbooks and the planet.