Lay-offs abound, meh. Startups are thriving and incubators are being launched in the Bay Area! The undercurrent of entrepreneurship is creating jobs and we’d like to give you the inside scoop.
Through the personal Women 2.0 network we are sharing a set of job and internship opportunities you wont find anywhere else. These are friends of Women 2.0 seeking to hire the best, so get on it and apply today!
If you are excited about any of the following positions, please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line being the company name and position (ie. “Zazengo, Front-end UI Developer”). In the email, say why you want this job, why the company should hire you, a link to your LinkedIn profile, and be sure to attach your resume (ideally in PDF format). We will forward your interest on your behalf to the venture. Good luck!
Do you have a job, internship or sweat-equity opportunity available? Share it with the Women 2.0 community!
Send an email to email@example.com with the following:
Company name (ie. “Zynga”)
Position title (ie. “Product Manager”)
Location (ie. “Los Angeles, CA”)
Stage of venture: sweat-equity, funded, etc. (ie. “Series C”)
Link (ie. “http://www.zynga.com/jobs/?nl=1&jvi=olsfVfwH,Job&jvs=Indeed&jvk=Job”)
Contact email address (ie. “firstname.lastname@example.org”)
Description of position (ie. requirements)
– – –
– – –
Stealth mode mobile startup seeks social media guru (entry level / internship) (San Francisco, CA)
Seeking a blazing person passionate about user acquisition and community development around the area of social fraud, personal safety, online identities and mobile products for consumers. Contact: email@example.com
– – –
– – –
Polyvore hiring in software engineering, UI design, and content!
Polyvore is redefining how people around the world experience, create and share fashion on the Internet. We are a next generation social commerce company, community driven platform, we’re well-funded and building a company to last. Our site has over 6 million unique visitors per month and over 140 million monthly page views (currently but growing fast). Our approach is to build platforms and tools that harness the creativity of our user community towards discovering, curating and wardrobing the best products on the web.
Polyvore has a small but stellar team that consists of people who led development of Yahoo Pipes and Google Maps. As one of our first 20 hires (we’re just 14 people), you’ll play a key role in shaping our strategy and culture. We’re looking for people who are excited to tackle big challenges and are passionate about delighting end users. We value talented, creative people who love to laugh and dream big. We’re well-funded and are building a company to last.
Polyvore was recently featured in articles in The New Yorker and Women’s Wear Daily. Polyvore was also chosen by Silicon Alley Insider as one of their 20 Hot Silicon Valley Startups to watch. Here are some links to our coverage:
The New Yorker – Fashion Democracy, A World of Virtual Anna Wintours
Silicon Alley Insider – 20 Hot Silicon Valley Startups to Watch
Women’s Wear Daily – The Next Wave: Fashion Brands Test New Social Media Platforms
The Polyvore office is located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, within walking distance of the Caltrain station and lots of great restaurants & shops.
Interested? Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– – –
Rapleaf seeks an amazing Software Engineer (San Francisco, CA)
· Build out Rapleaf’s next set of groundbreaking features
· Build algorithms to normalize data on over half billion people
· Solve super complex engineering problems no one else in the world is working on
· Report to the VP Engineering; work directly with the CEO, other engineers, and management
· Change the world
· Amazing coder who takes no prisoners; master of all things Internet; one of the best coders in existence
· Someone who learns new languages and platforms extremely fast – we use Ruby on Rails, Hadoop (HDFS), and Java
· Intensely driven, proactive, and hard working
· Extremely hard working; this is a start-up – team members work long hours
· Quick learner and real doer; err on execution over strategy
· Looks forward to working with A-players; too good to spend long hours with B-players
· Likeable person who garners respect on and off the job.
· Thrive on chaos, risk, and uncertainty
· Should be easy to get along with, nice, fun, ethical, and low-maintenance
· Strong desire to build a more ethical society
· Desire to be an early employee and want to be a real owner in Rapleaf’s future
· Want to work with extremely large datasets and build portable APIs that thousands of other companies can build applications on top of
· Should want to live in or near San Francisco (relocation available if necessary)
· All levels of experiences should apply (0-25+ years experience)
· Note: This job is incredibly challenging. You’ll be working with some of the top search engineers in the world that expect the best. We’re doing things that no one has ever done before and solving problems that have been open for years.
· Great cash comp & high equity – Rapleaf is willing to pay for the best talent
· Choice of any laptop – Mac, Windows, or Linux
· Medical insurance, 401k
· Kitchen stocked with food
· Work with some of the smartest engineers
· Contribute to many open source initiatives such as Hadoop
· Contribute to the Rapleaf Engineering Blog
· Live and work in San Francisco – the best city in the universe
At Rapleaf, we’re only looking for people that really want to change the world.
– – –
Zuvy is a web-based service that enables travelers to developing countries to find opportunities with Community Service Organizations for a short time frame (up to two days). Zuvy gives travelers exposure to all the work done on the ground by CSOs and leverages the abilities of travelers to benefit the goals and mission of the CSO. Zuvy is the most effective way for people passionate about making a deeper connection to the places they visit!
Zuvy’s founder, Sonsoles, is currently looking for motivated experts on internet marketing that would like to engage during the summer in her promising social venture and help her with the development of an effective online strategy marketing plan for the firm. Passion for social ventures is a must. If interested and eager to know more details please contact her at email@example.com. Compensation will be up to $400 for the project.
– – –
Peer-to-peer education investing venture seeks Director of Finance (and others passionate about the idea)
Enzi (http://enzifutures.org/) is a peer to peer social investing venture that lets people invest in students in return for a share in their future income for a fixed period of time. It aims to remove the financial barrier to education, create a paradigm shift from debt-based to equity-based education finance, and pioneer a new class of direct investments in people. Enzi launched its first class at Stanford with the support of university administration and is now raising seed funding to scale.
Enzi seeks a Director of Finance who will refine the financial model for future income contract design, engineer the contract terms for future classes of students, develop and negotiate relationships with banks and other players in the education finance/P2P finance space, and manage company finances and outcome of the pilot fund.
You should have a background in one or more of the following: financial analysis and modeling, probabilistic modeling and decision analysis, risk modeling, and general accounting. Ideally, you will have contacts in the education finance space and are passionate about the idea. (If you don’t fit this role but are passionate about what we’re doing – reach out anyway!)
This position is equity only for now, with pay once we close a seed funding round (we are talking with interested investors).
Interested? Please contact Ashni Mohnot at firstname.lastname@example.org
– – –
The company is called Shirtpal. Please let me know what you think as our team in Singapore has been working extremely hard to revamp it this past week! Basically it allows someone to design and create a custom tailored shirt and have it delivered to your door for $50. We are looking to build the business in the US and wanted to reach out to your and your DB to see if there was anyone interested in helping us.
Here is some details of our company to date. Our sales team is in Toronto, Canada and Sydney, Australia. Our web development is in Singapore. Our fabrics are sourced from Italy, Japan and Turkey. Our factory is in Bangkok, Thailand. We officially launched in December 2009 and had our first $20,000 in sales in our first month. We are on track to hit over $500,000 in sales by year end. Our success has not gone without notice as we were very excited to be featured in the Globe and Mail about a week ago. If you have some time, please take a look.
I am telling you all this because I believe the success of a start-up is based on a solid support system of friends, family and mentors. We are looking to expand our business through partnership and alliances in new countries/markets and business verticals and wanted to know if you would be interested to help directly or if you could recommend someone that might be able to help.
Interested? Contact Ash Singh (email@example.com) of Shirtpal
– – –
Consumer Electronics Startup Looking for a Marketing Intern
Dropcam, Angel Funded, San Francisco
Dropcam, a consumer electronics startup based in San Francisco, is looking for a marketing intern. The position lasts three months, and is part-time (20 hours per week). It starts immediately and is a paid position. Opportunities beyond can be discussed.
As a marketing intern, you’ll gain experience and help introduce a new product to market by:
– researching competing products
– learning about the consumer electronics and security device spaces
– reaching out to online and offline groups who may be interested in our product (think forums, meetups, possibly conferences)
– writing blog posts and website copy about Dropcam
– learn about online advertising
If you have experience in these areas, that would be great – make sure you mention it! Officially, we’re looking for:
– college or graduate / MBA student (new graduates welcome)
– located near San Francisco
– experience using the Internet for research
– Microsoft Office experience
– suggested: blogging experience (send us a link!)
This is a great opportunity for someone hoping to gain experience in marketing techniques while working with an exciting new product. We’re a small group of three; if you geek out on technology, new devices and the next big thing, we’d love to meet you.
If you’re interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a recent writing sample. If you don’t have one, tell me about the book you most recently read.
– – –
Seeking an SF-based candidate that possesses the following:
– At least 3 years experience in media, advertising or digital technology
– Proven success in building and managing more than 10 large partnerships/relationships simultaneously
– Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and comfortable with complex formulas
– Thrives in high-stress, demanding environments
– Loves a daily challenge and adventure
– Grows by learning from inspirational mentors
– – –
Social media platform for brands seeks Frontend UI Developer
Zazengo, Funded (Santa Cruz)
Our company is in need of a full-time front end web developer, one who can spend a minimum of three days a week in our beachfront office by the Santa Cruz harbor. We have a small and dynamic work environment, an impressive array of possible resume bullets for you, and great growth potential.
Compensation fair and competitive, depends on experience. Web Developer, UI Designer, Graphic Design experience a plus.
Proven experience in the following areas:
– Hand-coded, W3C-compliant and semantic (X)HTML and CSS with an emphasis on CSS-driven page layouts.
– Experience with the Facebook API (esp FBML/FBJS) is a huge plus.
– Familiarity with Flash, FLEX, and SQL is a plus
– Familiarity with version control tools is a plus.
– Have a practiced, user-centric design eye with competence in Photoshop/Illustrator and friends
– Have a solid understanding of web standards, web graphics techniques, and site production practices
– Excellent at turning concepts into mocks and wireframes. Comfortable turning mocks and wireframes into live usable interfaces.
– Accept that IE6 is a browser too, and have the intimate knowledge required to make it behave like one.
– Extreme attention to detail and aware of the cumulative effect of cutting corners over time.
– A desire to make big things happen for really big clients while working closely with a tiny (and awesome) team of experienced and talented people.
– Current on technology and the state of the world. Ability to comfortably interact with others.
– Have interesting hobbies that you are excited to talk about.
– – –
– – –
– – –
– – –
– – –